Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Too Many Relatives

Last Sunday a lady spoke up in Gospel Doctrine Class about something her husband's ancestor did at the Kirtland Temple way back in the mid-1800s. I didn't hear exactly shat she said he did, because I was, well, not completely awake at the time. I did perk up when she mentioned Milo Andrus. Milo Andrus's son James married two of George Washington Gibson's daughters. George, as followers of this blog will come to know, was Grafton Boy number one. He was the first pear to fall from my family tree and settle to the ground in Grafton, UT.

After class we chatted. Her Milo Andrus was indeed James Andrus's father. Her husband is a descendant of old Milo, and their daughter goes to my church. So, someone that was heretofore an aquaintance is now a cousin. Now I need to find a way to write my new cousin into the book. I am, unbeknownst to my readers, writing in several family members. I haven't decided whether or not to tell them they're in the book. I suppose I could be cruel, not tell them, and if they don't bring it up I'll know they didn't read the signed copy I gave them. Pretty sneaky...don't think I should do that, but it is just something people would expect me to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment